We are the local u3a branch for retired or semi-retired people in Forth Valley (Central Scotland). We offer many ways to stretch your mind or body and to socialise with like-minded older people. This includes interest groups, general meetings, summer activities and publications. If you are no longer working or raising a family, u3a gives you the chance to develop your interests, make new friends and enjoy yourself. Come and join us, and learn, laugh and live!
Enrolment is on Friday 26th August – our first enrolment event for three years! The morning session will be in Alloa, in the Old People’s Welfare Club, Erskine Street, Alloa, from 10am-12 noon. If you don’t know Alloa, these directions should get you there –
If following Satnav, use the postcode FK10 2AJ, which will take you to Paton Court, next to the hall. (The postcode for the hall will misdirect you.) Otherwise, follow the A907 towards the centre of Alloa, from either direction, then turn off to the B9096 towards Tullibody and then take the first right onto Parkway. Follow this for about 400m then take the first left into Hill Street, a narrow opening. Take the first left again into Erskine Street and follow this to the end. The hall is on the corner. Park at any convenient place on the street.
The afternoon session will be in the Bridge of Allan Parish Church Hall in Keir Street, FK9 4NW, from 2pm-4pm.
There will be the customary opportunity to see what groups are available, to chat to leaders and board members and meet up with friends for tea, coffee and cakes, but we really need volunteers to help with the catering. If you can help please get in touch with Dawn – email email@example.com or phone her 07794 387658.
- Trees for Life Grove: Forth Valley u3a members have now sponsored a grove of trees being created by Trees for Life. See the tree grove page for more details.
- August Update: This is now available online (login required).
- Summer Magazine: This is now available online (login required).
- April 12th Board Meeting: The minutes of the board meeting of 12th April are now available online (login required).
- 2022 AGM: The unconfirmed minutes of the AGM on 20 May 2022 are now available online (login required).
Accessing Site Documents
Most documents on this web site use Adobe PDF (Portable Document Format). This is commonly used to exchange documents on different kinds of devices, from PCs to phones. PDF readers are widely and freely available. Your web browser may be able to display PDF directly. In that case, no special software is needed. Depending on your device there are several solutions:
- PC/Mac: You could download Acrobat Reader from Adobe. However, there are a lot of other PDF readers that should be suitable.
- Android Phone/Tablet: You could download Acrobat Reader from the Google Play Store, though again there are many other solutions.
- iPhone/iPad: You could download Acrobat Reader from the Apple App Store, again with many other solutions.