We are the local u3a branch for retired or semi-retired people in Forth Valley (Central Scotland). We offer many ways to stretch your mind or body and to socialise with like-minded older people. This includes interest groups, general meetings, summer activities and publications. If you are no longer working or raising a family, u3a gives you the chance to develop your interests, make new friends and enjoy yourself. Come and join us, and learn, laugh and live!
Enrolment Meeting : Our first Enrolment Meeting since 2019 will be held on Friday 26th August. The morning session will be in Alloa, in the Welfare Hall, from 10am-12 noon. (It is near the station and has plenty of parking.) The afternoon session will be in the Bridge of Allan Parish Church Hall in Keir Street, from 2pm-4pm. There will be the customary opportunity to see what groups are available, to chat to leaders and board members and meet up with friends for tea, coffee and cakes. We’ll be providing more details nearer the time, but please put the date in your diaries.
- Trees for Life Grove: Forth Valley u3a members have now sponsored a grove of trees being created by Trees for Life. See the tree grove page for more details.
- July Update: This is now available online (login required).
- Summer Magazine: This is now available online (login required).
- March 15th Board Meeting: The minutes of the board meeting of 15th March are now available online (login required).
Accessing Site Documents
Most documents on this web site use Adobe PDF (Portable Document Format). This is commonly used to exchange documents on different kinds of devices, from PCs to phones. PDF readers are widely and freely available. Your web browser may be able to display PDF directly. In that case, no special software is needed. Depending on your device there are several solutions:
- PC/Mac: You could download Acrobat Reader from Adobe. However, there are a lot of other PDF readers that should be suitable.
- Android Phone/Tablet: You could download Acrobat Reader from the Google Play Store, though again there are many other solutions.
- iPhone/iPad: You could download Acrobat Reader from the Apple App Store, again with many other solutions.